Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Interesting challenge
From: "Sanjay K. Patel" <sanjay.patel () rexwire com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:42:49 -0500

We are doing a pen test for a client and have run into a interesting
situation. The client has a server running IIS and Exchange we can get to it
through a browser but when we try to run Nessus or Eeye Retina against it,
neither product can find the server. The client is not running any IDS
system has a simple firewall. A port scan revels no open port though port 80
is open since the server is serving pages.

SKP