Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: snmp
From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:48:48 -0500

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 17:07, Juan B wrote:
I want to pen test this issue meaning that I want to
find ways to retrieve from the devices info, and show
the IT manager that he must change the community.
[...]
So how or from where do I start ?

You didn't specify your platform. If you are running a Unix like OS, do
"man snmpwalk". Under Windows, perhaps google for "snmpwalk". I seem to
recall a GUI based SNMP walker for Windows.

Walk the devices with "public" and see what you can see.

Regards,
Frank

  By Date           By Thread