mailing list archives
From: robert () dyadsecurity com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:21:08 -0700
For those of you who didn't get to catch our Unicornscan launch at Toorcon over the weekend, I would like to invite you
Unicornscan is a new information gathering and correlation engine built for and by members of the security research and
testing communities. It was designed to provide an engine that is Scalable, Accurate, Flexible, and Efficient. It is
released for the community to use under the terms of the GPL license.
Unicornscan is an attempt at a User-land Distributed TCP/IP stack. It is intended to provide a researcher a superior
interface for introducing a stimulus into and measuring a response from a TCP/IP enabled device or network. Although it
currently has hundreds of individual features, a main set of abilities include:
* Asynchronous stateless TCP scanning with all variations of TCP Flags.
* Asynchronous stateless TCP banner grabbing
* Asynchronous protocol specific UDP Scanning (sending enough of a signature to elicit a response).
* Active and Passive remote OS, application, and component identification by analyzing responses.
* PCAP file logging and filtering
* Relational database output
* Custom module support
* Customized data-set views
We would love feedback from the community where ever possible.
Robert E. Lee
CTO, Dyad Security, Inc.
W - http://www.dyadsecurity.com
E - robert () dyadsecurity com
M - (949) 394-2033
- Introducing Unicornscan robert (Sep 30)