mailing list archives
Identifying Windows O/S & SP
From: L3wD <l3wd () earthlink net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:52:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I am looking for a method of correctly identifying Windows O/S Versions and Service Packs remotely. Here are my
- Performed Remotely (not in same broadcast domain)
- No Admin Rights on Remote Box
- No Username/Password on Remote Box
- VERY Few Packets Generated (excluding TCP 3-way handshake)
- Ability to **AVOID** IDS Detection
My preferences are for something that is command line based, and can be run from a Linux platform. I'll take
something GUI based or Windows based if that is all there is. Multiple tools are fine, as long as the number of packets
generated are very low.
I've taken a look at Winfingerprint 0.6.2 with only the Win32 OS Version option selected, but it generates 70+
packets which is too loud for my purposes.
- Identifying Windows O/S & SP L3wD (Aug 25)