Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pdas for testing
From: "David M. Zendzian" <dmz () dmzs com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:30:33 -0700

I just had to give my .02 here. I have had an OQO (http://www.oqo.com) since last february and other than wishing for a little more memory (256M in v01) I find it an exceptional computer. With bluetooth, 802.11, firewire, usb (only 1.1 but you have firewire) and a 20Gig drive all in the size of a PDA it is an excellent testing tool.

I have not had any luck with kismet or netstumbler (yes I have dual boot, 10gig debian, 10gig winxppro) but just plug in my usb linksys wifi card and it works great. I have 2 batteries so I can get about 4-5 hours between charges which is good enough for most testing needs, and then when I get back to my desk I just plug in and goto analysis since it is also my desktop (once docked I'm at 1280x1024 on my 17" lcd with my firewire 160G drive & dvd burner).

I couldn't ask for a better machine, and they are only getting better!

David M. Zendzian
dmz