Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Scripts found on web server
From: "Josh Perrymon" <perrymonj () networkarmor com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:39:15 -0500

Are the .asp scripts valid and used on the website for auth?

Login.asp should call to a backend DB for authentication so I'd try some
SQL injection on it and see what you get.

Type in ' in the user name a password box and see if it gives you a
server error and not a verification error.

If it does then you could try entering-

Test' or 1=1-- in both fields and see what happens. This is very basic
SQL injection and if it works it will log you in as the first user in
the DB ( Usually admin )

What it's doing is making the SQL statement true so it parses the query.

JP
Network Armor