Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: superscan on win2k vs winxp
From: "Monroe, Bruce" <bruce.monroe () intel com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:34:11 -0700

Or use an operating system that still supports raw sockets for scanning
purposes (Linux, BSD, etc. etc.) Or use Windows pre XP XP2. Win2003
Server would also work...I follow the nmap lists and it was broken with
XP SP2 and there was a workaround (which was broken with MS05-019 later
:) )

Regards,

Bruce

Note - the opinions expressed are my own and may not reflect those of my
employer.