Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Valid/sufficient identification mechanisms/credentials for personal data collection.
From: "Serg B." <sergicles () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:58:21 +1000

To be fare, we do have an option to submit this form via a website.
However I don't think most people would, given that they know that
someone is going to come around to pick it up.

Also, and this is only my opinion, but majority of people (excluding
those who dream in binary) would rather answer the questions on paper
while watching TV or what not, as apposed to dedicating specific time
to sit in front of the computer to answer the survey (assuming they
have access to the Internet in the first place).

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/d3310114.nsf/4a256353001af3ed4b2562bb00121564/d14318a2e9282072ca25715d00177d17/$FILE/HHF%202006%20Sample%20only.pdf

> It is delivered via a courier and is left near the front the door, and
> pick-up is very much the same. On the front cover of the form, one of
> the bullet points is "Your Collector will return between 9 August and
> 28 August to collect your form".

Interesting, in Canada we mail them in, or we can fill them out online. Each
paper census that was delivered had a large unique number on it you had to
enter to do the census online (so they can match forms delivered to
than "leave it out on the porch for a few weeks".

-Kurt

  By Date           By Thread