Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: lotus notes internet password bruteforce?
From: "Frank Bussink" <frank_bussink () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:13:53 +0000

Hi,

a topic was already referring to this last year : http://seclists.org/lists/pen-test/2005/Nov/0224.html

Another fun way to dump only one or two hashes is the authenticated LDAP query. Here is a quick php script to achieve so : http://frank.bussink.ch/show_article.htm?seq=75

After dumping the hashes, you can then bruteforce them with John the Ripper,
using : john -format dominosec <file>

But of course it depends of the version of Lotus Notes. I have tested it on version 5.0.12

Regards
Frank

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com for details.