Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pentest physical security
From: UnODir <unodir () hotpop com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:00:41 -0400

You have to start with the obvious.
What can be circumvented?
Guards, doors, fences.

Can the security gate be defeated by going over the fence around the back?
Can the alarmed door be defeated by climbing to the second floor window, where there's no alarm on the glass? Can the security cameras be circumvented by slipping by through the blindspot?

Can all of the electronic security be defeated by plain trickery? Can the guards or the administrators be fooled by a clever con artist? All the gadgets in the world are worthless if the people behind them are not very sophisticated.

Al

scott wrote:
Hi,all.
Okay,I've been contacted about pentesting physical security system for a medium size company that is integrating IT & physical security,ie;cameras,id gates,etc. I'm not exactly sure where to start,other than the obvious;passwords,permissions,etc.
Anyone have good ideas to help with this one?
Thanks in advance, Scott

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com for details. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------