Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

IP Telephony pen-test and VLAN's
From: "Frank Bussink" <frank_bussink () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:28:51 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to do a pen-test on a Cisco IPT system.

Cisco IP telephone are connected on the same network cable as the PC, but
are working on another vlan.
The access switches have a configuration like :
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 123
switchport voice vlan 124

I think the negotation with the access switch is done by CDP but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have a tool that emulates the PC as a voice device in order to receive a dhcp lease on vlan 124, so I can start to inject ARP MITM with Cain for example ?

Kind regards
Frank

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com for details.