Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OSSTMM how good is it?
From: Sol Invictus <sol () haveyoubeentested org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:57:08 -0400

The OSSTMM is not a Standard that many would think. It is a methodology that takes into account all the standards that you must comply with and creates a new customized standard for your organization.

A friend of mine wrote a whitepaper on the OSSTMM and how to use it to find your company's Perfect Security Standard. You can find it at:

http://www.infosecwriters.com/texts.php?op=display&id=236

I submit this for your review.

Sol.

rik kershaw-moore wrote:

Can I ask what people think of the OSST and the Methodology laid down in the OSSTM Manual?

Another question, especially for those UK residents - how well respected is the OSST Methodology?

I am thinking of including this in our standard internal dest practice set.

We aleady use the HMG InfoSec Standards 1 & 3 and CRAMM for Risk Assessment, the ITIL Security Model for Security Change & Incident Management but we are currently lacking when it comes to a decent Testing Standard.
Yours,

Rik Kershaw-Moore,  ITPC-HMG..

Concerned about Web Application Security? Why not go with the #1 solution - Cenzic, the only one to win the Analyst's Choice Award from eWeek. As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: http://www.cenzic.com/news_events/wpappsec.php And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com for details.