Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: to dsniff or not to dsniff
From: Gene Cronk <gcronk () trsg net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:03:53 -0400

http://www.linuxpackages.net/download.php?id=4716

This package has dsniff statically compiled.

It's a Slackware package, but easy to tar/gz and get the binaries from it.

--
Gene Cronk CISSP-ISSAP IAM
Systems Administrator -- The Robin Shepherd Group

Robin Wood wrote:
I've finally tried to get all this working from source, I've got
libnet 1.0.2a compiled ok but when I come to compile libnids 1.16 I
get the following errors:

for dir in src samples ; do (cd $dir ; make all) ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libnids-1.16/src'
gcc -c -g -O2 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D__BSD_SOURCE -D__FAVOR_BSD
-DHAVE_NET_ETHERNET_H -Wall -DHAVE_ICMPHDR=1 -DHAVE_TCP_STATES=1
-DHAVE_BSD_UDPHDR=1 -I.   ip_options.c
ip_options.c:31:2: error: #error "unknown byte ordering"
ip_options.c:83:2: error: #error "unknown byte ordering"
ip_options.c: In function 'ip_options_compile':
ip_options.c:113: error: 'struct iphdr' has no member named 'ihl'
ip_options.c:213: error: 'struct timestamp' has no member named 'flags'
ip_options.c:271: error: 'struct timestamp' has no member named 'overflow'
ip_options.c:277: error: 'struct timestamp' has no member named 'overflow'
make[1]: *** [ip_options.o] Error 1

So I added -DLIBNET_LIL_ENDIAN to the makefile and tried again, got a
bit further and got:

gcc -c -g -O2 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D__BSD_SOURCE -D__FAVOR_BSD
-DHAVE_NET_ETHERNET_H -Wall -DHAVE_ICMPHDR=1 -DHAVE_TCP_STATES=1
-DHAVE_BSD_UDPHDR=1 -DLIBNET_LIL_ENDIAN -I.   killtcp.c
killtcp.c: In function 'nids_killtcp':
killtcp.c:17: error: 'IP_H' undeclared (first use in this function)
killtcp.c:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
killtcp.c:17: error: for each function it appears in.)
killtcp.c:17: error: 'TCP_H' undeclared (first use in this function)

At this point I'm assuming that either I've missed something or
something is wrong. Is there anyone out there who has got this
compiled from source and, if so, can you give any tips?

Thanks

Robin

PS The distro is Arch, gcc -v gives:

Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../gcc-4.0.3/configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc --enable-threads=posix
--enable-__cxa_atexit
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.3

in case that matters.