Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Re: Interesting Ruling Regarding WiFi access
From: cwright () bdosyd com au
Date: 5 Jun 2007 02:42:18 -0000

Hello,
No, your understanding of property rights is flawed.

If I have no door, you are still breaking the law by entering my property without permission. There does not need to be
anything that states "stay out". By default, you have no right to use the property of another. You need to have
permission.

So the issue is is there a message stating "come in".

Without that express permission you have commited an illegal act. Whether it is also criominal is another matter.

Regards,
Craig

Your analogy is flawed. A wireless network that does not use any
methods of controlling access. It does not have a door. It does not
have a fence. It does not have anything that says "Stay Out". That's
the problem, and that's why you should not go to jail.

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020