Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Bluetooth scanning?
From: Matthew Webster <awakenings () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:32:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Folks,

    I am just performing an audit and not a pen test, but I am running into issues.  I am stuck in the windows world
for this project.  I can clearly see a bluetooth device in windows.  When I try btscanner or Bluesweep, neither program
works.  In both apps I checked everything.  I installed the correct JRE for btscanner and still neither application can
see any Bluetooth devices, but windows is doing a fabulous job (believe it or not).  I just want a text output I can
filter though.  I liked the idea of authorizing devices in btscanner which would make my bluetooth audits a little
easier, but it nothing a  swatch file can't cure.  I was wondering if anyone else stuck in the Windows world has run
into this difficulty or has any suggestions (other than RedFang and Linux).

Thanks,

Matt

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW