Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Winzip and Due Diligence
From: "Shreyas Zare" <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:11:09 +0530

Hi,

True. But for complex passwords you would need a super computer and few
years of time !

Regards,

On 3/9/07, Matthew Webster <awakenings () mindspring com> wrote:
Folks,

   I was poking around on Google and noticed there are some tools for cracking WinZip passwords.  Does anyone know
whether or not these tools also work on AES-256 encryption.  My question is academic from a due diligence standpoint.
Technically WinZip is FIPS compliant, but if it can be cracked easily, is this something we should really be
recommending?

Thanks,

Matt

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

--
(This e-mail was composed and sent completely using recycled electrons)

Shreyas Zare
Co-Founder, Technitium
eMail: shreyas () technitium com

..::< The Technitium Team >::..