Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Pentesting a Web Applicaton behind Akamai Technology
From: grd () netexpert ch
Date: 16 May 2007 13:41:54 -0000

Hi everybody,

I'm doing a Pentest on a Web Application for a client. The only information I have is the DNS name of the website.
After doing the basic steps of footprint and enumeration, I found out that the IP adress of the website is not in the
IP range of the client and is owned by Akamai Technology. It means that if I'm going on with the furter steps of
pentesting, I'll pentest Akamai and not the "real" website of the client.

Is there a way to find the "real" IP address of the website ?

Has everyone faced this kind of configuration ?

For information, this is the header of the website when attempting a page that doesn't exist :

HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
Server: AkamaiGHost
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:39:42 GMT
Connection: close

Thanks,

Greg

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020