Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Sneaking a peek on Wlan in airports
From: Tremaine Lea <pen-test () ddiction com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:10:32 -0600

In a situation where you have operated outside contractual bounds, the perceived legal risk is non-trivial. The results of sharing your findings are extremely difficult to gauge, and can vary from the users appreciation for your honesty and integrity to a large corporate entity pursuing you relentlessly in court to make a point about 'hackers'.

While it may be tempting to provide assistance to the person or corporation involved, I think the risk is simply too high to be acceptable. It is not in our best interests professionally to operate outside the bounds of business and play white hat cowboy.

---

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant

Be in pursuit of equality, but not at the expense of excellence.