Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Sneaking a peek on Wlan in airports
From: Jason Chambers <jchambers () ucla edu>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:26:08 -0700

killy wrote:
ROFL, that is exactly what I was thinking.

This is a sticky situation really.

Jason,

I have not always agreed with the idea that this is intercepting communications.

Well.. IANAL, but the way I read it if your looking at content then it is. In the US at least.

Now with that being said, to run some HIDS on you wireless connection
is almost the same right?
I can't find the document at the moment, but I remember reading that HIDS \ NIDS fall under the role of specialized devices because of the intent. Maybe "Wall of Sheep" could be argued here :)

--Jason

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020