Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Identifing services on potential trojan ports
From: "Drew Delbridge" <drewdelbridge () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:49:25 -0400

In scanning a system with nmap and nessus we identify open ports that are used by known trojans. amap does not identify the service as one it recognizes. Is anyone aware of a tool similar to amap that can send possible trojan connection strings to remotely identify if the trojan is present? I do not have physical access to the box nor admin credientials to look for the binaries or other usual signatures.

Drew

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020