Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Creating my own personal Linux distribution for Penetration Testing and White-Hat Hacking
From: Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez <roman () rs-labs com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 09:40:15 +0100

I agree with Michael. LiveCD is nice in several scenarios but many of us
would often prefer not having to reboot to a specific livecd but keep using
our existing Linux OS. Why not to integrate pen-testing tools as .deb
packages? In the worst case, it should be ok to have one and only one .deb,
valid for Debian/Ubuntu, so I got a whole bunch of pentest tools with a simple:
aptitude install pentest-tools

Perhaps not all tools could be packaged (because they may need specific
kernel hacks/modules, like wifi injection patches, which may not be
suitable for an "every day" desktop kernel), but I guess they (problematic
tools) should be the least.

This is as useful as a livecd, but I have not seen a robust&mature project
with this idea.

Cheers,
-r

Michael Boman escribió:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Baykal, Adnan (CSCIC)