Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Tool: PorkBind Nameserver Security Scanner
From: Derek Callaway <super () innu org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:45:27 -0400 (EDT)

In light of the new DNS cache poisoning issue and now that everyone has
had plenty of time to apply patches, I've decided to release a new version
of my nameserver security scanner called porkbind. It is a multi-threaded
nameserver scanner that can recursively query nameservers of subdomains
for version strings. (i.e. sub.host.dom's nameservers then host.dom's
nameservers) After acquiring the version strings it tests them against
version numbers from CERT advisories and reports back to the user. Zone
transfer capability is also tested for. It is available for download at:

http://innu.org/~super/tools/porkbind-1.2.tar.gz

- Derek

Top 5 Common Mistakes in Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar