Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

looking for a webapp bruteforce video for non-techies
From: "Robin Wood" <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:42:40 +0100

Hi
Can anyone recommend a video showing how easy it can be to brute force
a web application that I can show to non-technical people. I want
something quick and polite - preferably no leet speak banners or that
type of thing - that I can show to both board level people and just
generally to friends and family who chose bad passwords for web
applications.

I've just been with a client who, after being told a dictionary word
was bad, just put a 3 in instead of an e and thought she was
completely secure. It didn't help that the password was only 5
characters!

Thanks

Robin

Top 5 Common Mistakes
in Securing Web Applications
Find out now! Get Webinar Recording and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar