mailing list archives
FireCAT 1.5 released
From: "SD List" <list () security-database com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:52:53 +0100 (CET)
First happy new year to all of you.
FireCAT (Firefox Catalog of Auditing exTension) is a mindmap collection of
the most efficient and useful firefox extensions oriented application
security auditing and assessment
FireCAT 1.5 will be the last release of this 1.x branch. In fact, we are
working on a new improved version 2.0 (management of plugins, instant
download from security-database, ability to add new extension, extension
version checker, Firefox 3.X compatible extensions..)
Changes for FireCAT 1.5
- New sub-category added "Anti Phising / Pharming / Jacking" under "Misc"
- Renamed category "Network utilities" to "Network tools"
- Added new sub-category "Protocols/Application" under "Network tools"
- Added sub-category "Passwords" under "Network tools"
- TraceAssure added in "Misc -> Anti Phishing"
- Added Surf Jacking Cookie Security Inspector in "Misc->Anti phishing
/pharming/jacking" : This extension is based on Sandro Gaucis paper
- Added entry Exploit-Me Suite in category "Security auditing"
- Access-Me added in "Security auditing -> Exploit-Me Suite"
- Added DNS Unpinning in "Network tools -> Protocols/application"
- Added UnhidePassword in "Network tools -> Passwords"
- Added BestSecurityTip in IT Security Related
- Fixed links to SQL Inject-Me and XSS-Me
Download (Source, Browsable HTML,PDF) at
- FireCAT 1.5 released SD List (Jan 09)