Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Type Fingerprinting
From: Edin Dizdarevic <SecurityFocus () truesec de>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:00:40 +0100

Nmap should be the right tool, it can recognize many target systems. Get it at http://nmap.org, see the docs for more information.

Regards,
Edin

Zaki Akhmad schrieb:
Hello,

Can we do firewall type fingerprinting? With what tools? I want to
know the type of the firewall in front of the web server.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.
http://www.iacertification.org