Home page logo
/

securecoding logo Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: SearchSecurity: 13 Design Principles for 2013
From: Gunnar Peterson <gunnar () arctecgroup net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:39:11 -0600

Good piece. Saltzer and Schroeder's work is the deus ex machina in so much of security. On the software side, esp in
the case of Twitter, Facebook et al, the equivalent is David Gelernter.

I did a mashup of these titans and I must say I think there is a fair(and increasing) amount of impedance mismatch.
Meaning many of S& S's fundamental assumptions do not apply in Gelernter's universe. For example how do I completely
mediate in a federation? Answer: you dont you have partial control at best.

http://1raindrop.typepad.com/1_raindrop/2008/06/mashup-of-the-titans.html

Gunnar

Sent from my mobile