Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] FATALs with snort-2.9.0.3
From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:59:17 -0500

On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:52 AM, evilghost () packetmail net wrote:
On 12/21/10 10:46, Joel Esler wrote:
The error checking was improved as a result of the ETPro personnel filing a bug with us when using a "distance" or a
"within" with no previous relative offset in their ruleset.  We provided this feedback to the ETPro development team
at that time and corrections were made to the rule in question.

Thanks Joel, I figured it was something like that and thought it abnormal if it
were blogged-only, so I was seeking clarification.  That's why I didn't go into
one of my usual tirades. :)

No problem.

However, yes, I am trying to make the blog the easiest source of information for anyone to check, not only for
informational articles like Adam's post last week, but for news like this change.  When information comes out that is
important I'll post a blog article then an email pointing to the blog article.  (along with the twitter account that
points to the blog as well).  Subscribe to the RSS feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/Snort), or check it often.
However you want to do it.

I want to make sure anyone is well informed of changes like this, and the elimination of any stale avenues of
information -- to have one source of information for the Snort community (the blog) the goal.

I haven't been posting to the ET list because I don't want it to make it seem like Snort is spamming the ET list,
(hopefully the people that are on the ET list are on the Snort-sigs list as well) but if you are interesting in me
posting things like this to the ET list to point to the blog, if Matt says it's okay, I'm certainly willing to do so.

Joel