Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard2 and multiple sensors
From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:40:32 +1300

Hi Folks

I am at the point where I need to have more than one snort instance running on a given sensor so we can take advantage
of multiple CPUs and thus I will be producing multiple unified2 files on a sensor.  Logically there is still just one
sensor -- can barnyard2 merge input from more than one input file?  I've googled and rtfm'ed and could not find
anything that suggested that this is possible.  I hope I missed something :)

Russell