Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 and multiple sensors
From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:47:49 +1300

On 21/10/2010, at 5:18 PM, Joel Esler wrote:

Run two instances of Barnyard as well.

Thanks Joel

That's what I figured but it means I need to have two sensor_ids and then have to amalgamate them back together in the
front end, which is a bit of a pain.

Joel

On Oct 20, 2010, at 11:40 PM, Russell Fulton wrote:

Hi Folks

I am at the point where I need to have more than one snort instance running on a given sensor so we can take
advantage of multiple CPUs and thus I will be producing multiple unified2 files on a sensor.  Logically there is
still just one sensor -- can barnyard2 merge input from more than one input file?  I've googled and rtfm'ed and
could not find anything that suggested that this is possible.  I hope I missed something :)

--
Joel Esler
302-223-5974