Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: so_rule problem
From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:37:14 -0400

On 10/1/2010 10:47, Jimmy Tharel wrote:
I'm trying to get my Snort installation to detect the latest ms10-070
vulnerability. According to
http://www.snort.org/vrt/advisories/2010/09/23/vrt-rules-2010-09-23.html it
should have been included in the rules released on the 23rd.

are you a "registered" user or a "paying subscriber" user? we lowly "registered"
users have to wait 30 days before we get those rules... for easy counting, if it
was released on Sep 23rd, we won't get access to it until Oct 23rd...

i had similar discussion to this some time back in another venue and at that
time the question was does VRT update the "registered" rules snapshot every day
so that there's a "rolling release" or do they simply wait and do one release
every 30 days... AIR, no one ever answered that question or provided a pointer
to where it might be answered...