Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 and multiple sensors
From: Jun Wan <junwei_wan () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:47:27 +0000

 Hi Russell,

I thought the follwoing might be useful for your situation:

http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/Apr-05/msg00058.html

I hope it would help.

Regards

John

From: r.fulton () auckland ac nz
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:40:32 +1300
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard2 and multiple sensors

Hi Folks

I am at the point where I need to have more than one snort instance running on a given sensor so we can take
advantage of multiple CPUs and thus I will be producing multiple unified2 files on a sensor. Logically there is still
just one sensor -- can barnyard2 merge input from more than one input file? I've googled and rtfm'ed and could not
find anything that suggested that this is possible. I hope I missed something :)

Russell