Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Install Snort on Ubuntu with mysql and SnortReports
From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:36:45 -0600

I was just looking at this.  http://bailey.st/blog/snorby-spsa/

Dwane

From: Brad P [mailto:azpoulton () hotmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:29 PM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Install Snort on Ubuntu with mysql and SnortReports

Does anyone have a link for some really good documentation on how to install Snorby on Ubuntu 10.04? I would love to
change over to it from Base, but I don't have any experience with ruby on rails. I have tried a couple of times to
install it and it never works. I seem to always get strange errors. I have followed these how to's  without success:

http://groups.google.com/group/snorby
http://arcdigital.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/migrating-from-acid-base-to-snorby-on-ubuntu-9-04-amd64-jaunty/
http://www.red-7.co.uk/2010/03/02/installing-snorby-with-apache2-on-ubuntu-9-04-server/
http://github.com/mephux/Snorby/issues#issue/32

I run into this error:   error: rake aborted! no file found -- initializer