mailing list archives
Snorby 2.0.0 Released
From: Dustin Webber <dustin.webber () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 23:36:59 -0500
I am pleased to announce the official release of Snorby 2.0.0. A big "Thank you" to all the early testers and to
everyone for submitting bug reports and writing documentation. (https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/wiki/Contributors)
Snorby 2.0 features the following improvements over 1.1.4:
* Fully rewritten from the ground up in Rails 3 and Ruby 1.9.2
* Fast, resilient and scalable (with new backend workers)
* Completely redesigned user interface (for new and advanced users)
* Full packet capture support with OpenFPC
* Useful reports and metrics (PDF reports, graphs, email reports)
* Customizable severities and classifications
* Real time event listing using AJAX long polling.
* Supports Snort, Sagan and Suricata
* Revamped and intuitive administration interface.
I am also pleased to announce that Jason Meller (AKA terracotta) has joined the Snorby Core Team.
Jason's first contribution is a new official Snorby appliance called "Insta-Snorby." Insta-Snorby is an
easy to install Snort, Barnyard2, Snorby solution that runs on Ubuntu 10.04.
Insta-Snorby 0.4 can be downloaded at found at https://github.com/downloads/Snorby/snorby/Insta-Snorby-0.4.iso
Read more on the http://www.lookycode.com blog.
The Snorby 2.0.0 demo has also been updated:
User: demo () snorby org
*note: Use the same user/pass for the full packet capture HTTP basic auth.
Source code: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby
Download tar.gz: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/tarball/2.0.0
Bug Tracker: https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/issues
We look forward to your feedback, bug reports and general comments. The team is committed to immediately delivering on
bug-fixes and patches so please do not be shy about report issues.
If you have any installation questions you can also ask the team on Freenode #snorby.
Dustin Willis Webber & The Snorby Core Team.
What happens now with your Lotus Notes apps - do you make another costly
upgrade, or settle for being marooned without product support? Time to move
off Lotus Notes and onto the cloud with Force.com, apps are easier to build,
use, and manage than apps on traditional platforms. Sign up for the Lotus
Notes Migration Kit to learn more. http://p.sf.net/sfu/salesforce-d2d
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
Snort-users list archive:
- Snorby 2.0.0 Released Dustin Webber (Dec 06)