Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

No bridging support with Daq?
From: NA <dustypath () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:11:10 -0800

I have a new Gentoo install with Snort 2.901, attempting inline mode. I
set up bridging but can not assign or pass the proper interface(s) to
Daq. It seems daq needs two interfaces to work with such as: eth0:eth1.
Since I am using bridging this throws an error, Snort ignores anything I
pass to Daq, presumably because bridging is not supported.
Gentoo is limited right now as it only supports pcap, afpacket and dump
Daq types. Pcap will not do inline mode, afpacket is not working and
dump is not used inline (assumed), only for testing or forensics.
So, am I correct above, and if/when Gentoo supports NFQ will that
support bridging?
Thanks