Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Just Analyzing tcpdump files according to defined rules.
From: alexandre suzuki <alex_o_suzuki () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 20:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

I do not want snort running as a daemon,I just want it to analyze tcpdump files of my Internet connections,detecting
intrusions etc. according to the established ruleset.My first attempts were not OK.Can someone show here the right
command line options,and eventually any change to snort.conf? -I use snort 2.8.5.1-.
                                                  Thanks.