Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: flowbits: netsenum
From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 07:01:01 -0400

On May 29, 2013, at 7:53 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

additionally, both existing rules' MSG are identical... one should speak of "to
client" and the other "to server" in the MSG for clarity??

The "set" rule is noalert. You'll never see it alert.

true but perhaps someone sets them to show an alert? ;)

Is that something you do?  I'm not asking that to be a smartass, I'm asking if that's actually a use case that I
haven't studied.