Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: base
From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:36:38 +0300

The following worked for me:

1. Install PEAR, (for *nix):
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php

2. Once PEAR is installed, from the command:
#pear install Image_Graph
#pear install Image_Canvas
#pear install Image_Color
#pear install Numbers_Words
#pear install Numbers_Roman

This should get you going. There are few issues I faced:

1. Generated graphs may not have labels on them due to font issues as far as I know. Look into base_conf.php for
defaulting to other fonts if dejavu font is not installed.
2. If you want the map report generated, it will require more work and workarounds. I will need to dig up my notes on
how I got it working. Generally, you have to move 2 map data files (.txt and .png) to some directory, download MaxMind
GeoIP .dat file into another directory, and tweak base_conf.php to tell it which method to use to generate the data.
Two methods are available and you may require other Perl modules.
3. Generating these graphs are processing intensive, make sure you have enough processing power

Hope that helps.