Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: segmentation fault
From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 18:09:51 -0400

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM, soukaina mzerda <soukaina.mz () gmail com>wrote:

I reconfigured snort-2946 ,snort rules-2946 , libdnet-1.12 and daq-2.0.0
very successfuly
I run snort -v and I get an horrible error
segmentation fault
knowing that my ldd so not show any missing file , so any idea about where
does this come from ? plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllz I
need your help :/

What does snort -V give you?

Can you rebuild with --enable-debug and send a back trace?  We will also
need, at least, `head config.log`.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!