Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort with IPtables
From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 04:07:54 -0400

On 6/7/2013 00:08, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
we run iptables on all our sensors, but we don't give the sniffing
port an ip and have no iptables entries for it.

It works like a champ.

i can confirm that there's no conflict... our devices also use iptables and
snort listens "outside" of them... it sees the traffic before iptables gets a
chance to twiddle with it...