Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort with IPtables
From: Steven McLaughlin <steve () Lan com au>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:03:48 +1000

Great,
Thanks all for your input.
That's one less thing I need to think about now :-)

On 7 June 2013 18:07, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On 6/7/2013 00:08, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
we run iptables on all our sensors, but we don't give the sniffing
port an ip and have no iptables entries for it.

It works like a champ.

i can confirm that there's no conflict... our devices also use iptables and
snort listens "outside" of them... it sees the traffic before iptables
gets a
chance to twiddle with it...

--

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest