Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Assistance with Blacklist
From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:44:41 -0400

On 4/9/2013 10:30, Hannibal S. Jackson wrote:
I'm getting ERROR: c:\snort\rules\black_list.rules (4) Invalid configuration
line: 31.13.69.160

The only thing I have in my black_list.rules file is this:

# This is my black_list.rules file for www.facebook.com
31.13.69.160/0

this is not a valid network address or CIDR mask... the address is a
workstation/server address, though... you need to use a proper network address
and CIDR mask...

in this case, the facebook network range is 31.13.64.0 - 31.13.127.255 so the
proper mask would be 31.13.64.0/18

IP Address        : 31.13.64.0
Address Class     : Classless /18
Network Address   : 31.13.64.0

Subnet Address    : 31.13.64.0
Subnet Mask       : 255.255.192.0
Subnet bit mask   : nnnnnnnn.nnnnnnnn.nnhhhhhh.hhhhhhhh
Subnet Bits       : 18
Host Bits         : 14
Number of Subnets : 1
Hosts per Subnet  : 16382

Subnet            : 31.13.64.0
Mask              : 255.255.192.0
Subnet Size       : 16382 Hosts
Host Range        : 31.13.64.1  to  31.13.127.254
Broadcast         : 31.13.127.255