Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 Runaway Process, Not Working on OS X
From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:11:12 -0400

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Steven Thomas Smith
<steve.t.smith () gmail com> wrote:
I've used snort+barnyard on OS X successfully for some time.

But now barnyard2 on launch takes up 90%+ of my CPU cycles until I kill it, and has stopped stuffing anything into my
snort postgres database. I've rebuilt barnyard2 and snort from their latest gits/tarballs, but this problem persists
across versions.

Let its run its caching your database.
Let it run.

-elz

As far as I can tell, snort is running just fine, although I'm unable to parse the unified2 files snort.u2.* without
a working barnyard and postgres.