Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: 0 byte unifed log output
From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:44:11 -0600

On 2013-04-24 09:52, John Ainsworth wrote:
Hi

Im pulling my hair out on this problem

I have installed Snort on Ubunutu 12.04 , 2 nics eth0 used for
management eth1 is receiving traffic that is coming into our firewall
via SPAN on the switch

0 byte u2 files mean no alerts happened.  Have you set something like:

output alert_fast: snortalert.fast

in your snort.conf to verify that you're getting alerts at all?

James