Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Rule2Alert
From: "AT&T.Net" <coppage () att net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:44:45 -0400

Is anyone using rule2alert? I'm trying to light up my IDS on the VOIP rule set. I'm not trying to test the rules, I was
asked by a customer to confirm that it will process and have hits on the existing snort VOIP rules. I want to create a
pcap file and run it into snort getting hits on each rule. So far by editing the parser in python (first experience
with Python), I was able to get 14 different rule hits out of the 100+ rule I'm testing with.

If anyone is using rule2alert do you have a updated one that you've fixed to work with the current snort rule syntax?
Is there another tool that would work better?

I tried emailing one of the developer and have yet to hear.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from mobile device.