Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Proposed Sirefef (was Re: Late in the day...bet this could be sig'd)
From: Community Proposed <lists () packetmail net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:47:39 -0500

Perfect, thanks Joel.  I hit the sauce too hard on Friday evidently when I
crafted the sig.  Sorry for the confusion guys.

On Tue, 7 May 2013 14:23:25 -0400 Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote

Okay, so to go back to your original intention, it's probably a good idea to
have one with a reverse direction from what I shipped?

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"MALWARE-CNC
Potential hostile executable served from compromised or malicious WordPress
site"; flow:to_server,established; content:"/wp-content/"; http_uri;
content:".exe|20|HTTP/1."; fast_pattern:only; pcre:"/\/\d+\.exe$/U";
metadata:policy security-ips drop, ruleset community, service http;
reference:url,blog.avast.com/2013/05/03/regents-of-louisiana-spreading-s
irefef-malware; classtype:trojan-activity; sid:26576; rev:1;)

(being what I shipped)