Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

More ACID BASE Help
From: Shaun Marlin <shaun.marlin () canalta com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 02:21:46 +0000

Hi there again,

So I was directed to use this document http://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org/www/assets/167/deb_snort_howto.pdf, which to
its credit has worked well so far.  Right now I am stumped on this section.

4. Install & configure Barnyard2
# cd /usr/src && wget https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/archive/master.tar.gz
# tar -zxf master.tar.gz && cd barnyard2-*
# autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4 && ./configure --with-mysql && make && make install
# mv /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort
# cp schemas/create_mysql /usr/src

When I run the command
mv /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort

I get the following error
root () #####:/usr/src/barnyard2-master# mv /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort
mv: cannot stat `/usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf': No such file or directory

I looked in that folder and there was no barnyard2.conf file at all.

Other than that it is going fine

Can someone tell my why I can't find barnyard2.conf, or better yet where it is located when installed on Debian 7?

Thanks
-Shaun

Shaun Marlin
Network Administrator