Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: web-??.rules are empty
From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:45:27 -0400

On May 16, 2013, at 2:38 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
On 5/16/2013 09:27, Joel Esler wrote:
We'll be removing the old files eventually. No date slated for it yet.

how will deployed snorts know about the removal of these files? especially in
the cases where those persons managing them do not participate in these lists or
even know of them?

If they are using pulledpork in it's recommended and default configuration?  Nothing.

If you are using something else, nothing.  As we can't delete the files from your system.  They'll just be removed from
the tarball.

New users won't notice as the files will be removed from the snort.conf and the tarball.

TL;DR: Nothing.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT