Home page logo
/

snort logo Snort mailing list archives

Re: Binary log capture looks incomplete.
From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 01:16:47 -0400

On 5/24/2013 15:40, Shields, Joseph (NIH/NIEHS) [C] wrote:
The problem I am trying to resolve at the moment is the apparent double
logging to the snort.log.1369408065 file for two rules I am interested.  What
I have noticed is that if they both alert, then I get the session to be
written to the snort.log file both at the same time.  I commented out one of
the rules this morning that was nearly always getting alert at the same time
as another rule.  Looking at the snort.log.nnnnnnnn file I no longer see the
double logging I was getting yesterday.

each rule that gets triggered has the packet(s) that triggered it logged... this
is not a bug or error...