Home page logo
/

webappsec logo WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SQL Injection question
From: "lipe!" <lipe () brturbo com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:25:55 -0300

With IIS you can try to generate a Error Report (if the server has this
enabled)

You can, for example, request the query with a cast operator that can't do
the conversion.

Try this:

select convert(int, password_field+'a') from table where id = 1

When the DB engine try to convert the string (password_field+'a'), it will
report a error, because the conversion is impossible..

+---- - -  -  - - -    -

    _____
  /____ /|
 | :_ _|_|    Felipe Santos Andrade
 | /   | /    Desenvolvedor                     .
 |.____|/     Criativa Solutions
                                                .
                                                .
    /* nós poderiamos ser muito melhores        :
        se não quisessemos ser tão bons */      :
                                                :