Home page logo
/

webappsec logo WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: unable to access web site embeds username & password
From: "Kevin R. Babcock" <kevinb () ugcs caltech edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:44:18 -0700 (PDT)

I have discovered if I access my intranet that embeds the username and
password, it will not work on workstations have the latest Microsoft
security patches installed.

http://username:password () webserver/website

Does anyone have a solution to this because I still don't know which
security patch that inhibits the access.

This change is part of the MS04-004 Cumulative Security Update.  You can
disable this behavior in the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489

-Kevin

  By Date           By Thread